Forms Of Documentary Evidence:
- An injunction or undertaking given in court in the past 24 months.
- A conviction, caution or on-going criminal proceedings relating to an assault.
- Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC) plan in place.
- Findings made at court relating to the other party’s behaviour.
- Admission to a refuge within the last 24 hours.
The Legal Aid Agency produced an eligibility calculator here. If you are not eligible for legal aid, we have a Limited Means Scheme or fixed fees or competitive hourly rates.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to publicly-funded services and have secured legal aid contracts in seven of our offices: Edmonton, Harlow, Stoke Newington, Crouch End, Ware, and Cheshunt. The full range of family legal aid services are available in these locations. Our legal aid contract delivers housing services from Head office in Enfield.
Committed. Efficient . Personal
Since April 2013 changes to the scope of legal aid for family matters and legal aid funding means it’s no longer available for such matters as divorce, financial issues arising from a relationship breakdown, or contact/residence disputes, unless there is documentary evidence of domestic violence.